Post Masters Nurse Educator Certificate Program
**** Please note: if you would like to apply to the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit their application or complete a re-enrollment form by August 8, 2022.
Certification in any field is a mark of professionalism. For academic nurse educators, it establishes nursing education as a specialty area of practice and creates a means for faculty to demonstrate their expertise in this role (NLN, 2022). This hybrid online post master’s certificate program will prepare master’s or doctoral degree nurses with advanced knowledge and skills to teach in the classroom, clinical and online settings in all levels of nursing education. Upon completion of the program, students will meet the requirements (Option A) to sit for the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator (CNE or CNE-cl) exams.
Provides four (4) graduate nursing courses totaling 12 credits.
Consists of online (asynchronous) and periodic remote synchronous activities.
Three 3-credit didactic theory courses are taught entirely online during fall and spring semesters.
The (3)-credit teaching practicum requires a one-day virtual immersion, a 60-hour teaching practicum with a credentialed preceptor, and periodic remote synchronous meetings during the spring semester.
Virtual Information Session: August 1st at 12 noon (EST). To RSVP, please email: email@example.com
- Foundations of Nursing Education & Introduction to the Nurse Faculty Role
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Education
- Assessment and Evaluation Methodologies in Nursing Education
- Nurse Educator Teaching Practicum
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to educate nursing students in the classroom, clinical and online settings through the development of the Nurse Educator Core Competencies.
• Utilize theoretical knowledge and evidence-based strategies to support the transition from clinical practitioner to nurse educator in the classroom, clinical and online settings
• Become nationally certified as a Nurse Educator by the National League for Nursing (NLN)
• An unencumbered RN license
• Master’s or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited institution
• Graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
To apply, pleae visit: https://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/
Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org