The Accelerated Bachelor of Science (ABS) in Nursing program at Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden offers a fast-track into the nursing profession for people who hold a bachelor’s or higher degree in a non-nursing major.
How to Apply
|Semester – SPRING 2020||Application Opens||Application Deadline|
|Transfer Application||Early September||October 1, 2019|
|Re-enrollment Application||October 1, 2019||November 15, 2019|
|Semester – FALL 2020||Application Opens||Application Deadline|
|Transfer Application||Early September||February 15, 2020|
|Re-enrollment Application||January 1, 2020||February 15, 2020|
1. Application Category
Most applicants fall into one of the following three application categories. Please begin by selecting an application category that best matches your background.
- I have never attended Rutgers University as a matriculated student.
For students applying to Rutgers University–Camden for the first time. Apply as a TRANSFER STUDENT.
- I was enrolled in a Rutgers University undergraduate degree program.
- I am currently a Rutgers University student who wishes to pursue the Accelerated BS in Nursing program after I graduate with my bachelor’s degree.
2. Submit Transcripts
Submit copies of all of your official academic transcripts, including any prerequisite coursework in progress, to the Rutgers University–Camden Office of Admissions. We strongly urge prospective students to submit transcripts as soon as they have completed an application. Please mail transcripts directly to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
406 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102
3. Financial Aid
Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden welcomes applications from international students. For assistance, please contact the Rutgers University–Camden Office for International Admissions.
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or academic institution.
- You must successfully complete pre-requisites courses as outlined below. Please plan your prerequisite courses so that you only have two in progress at the time of application
- All prerequisite requirements must be completed prior to starting the program.
You may take pre-requisite courses at Rutgers University, or any other regionally-accredited university or community college. Online courses are permitted as pre-requisites, except for the following: Anatomy & Physiology I and II with lab, Microbiology with lab, and Chemistry with lab.
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II (8 credits with lab)
- General Chemistry I or II or Organic Chemistry (4 credits with lab)
- Microbiology (4 credits with lab)
- Biomedical Ethics (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Genetics (3 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
The Rutgers University–Camden Undergraduate Course Catalog provides a description of the courses below.
- Health Promotion in a Multicultural Society
- Basic Clinical Nursing Competencies (Theory and Lab)
- Wellness and Health Assessment (Theory and Lab)
- Research in Nursing
- Nursing of Adults (Theory and Lab)
- Psychiatric Mental Health (Theory and Lab)
- Gerontologic Nursing (Theory and Lab)
- Nursing of Women and the Childbearing Family (Theory and Lab)
- Nursing of Children & Adolescents (Theory and Lab)
- Community Health Nursing (Theory and Lab)
- Nursing Management and Leadership (Theory and Lab)
Nursing students must gain competency with hands-on, clinical practice. Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden has more than 125 clinical partners that offer students a wide variety of clinical settings.