Whether you are new to the nursing profession, wish to change careers, or are seeking to advance your education, Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden offers a flexible range of academic programs for undergraduate, graduate, and professional applicants. As members of Rutgers University, our students enjoy all the benefits of a world-class academic experience in a tight-knit, friendly campus that offers individualized support at a competitive tuition rate. Our supportive learning community of faculty, staff, and students at the School of Nursing–Camden is dedicated to preparing students to lead successful careers.
Bridging the Gap
Access to a nursing education is now within reach of qualified New Jersey families through Rutgers–Camden's new Brigdging the Gap program. This program for first-year undergraduate students not only eases the burden of student debt loads, but also helps build a diverse nurse workforce that advances health equity for underserved communities.
About the admissions process
Rutgers University–Camden has a separate admissions process for each of Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden's academic programs. We ask prospective students to review the admissions requirements that matches the academic program they wish to pursue.
Undergraduate applicants may choose from three paths into our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program:
- Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, with internal and external transfer student options.
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, a fast-track into nursing for non-nursing degree holders.
- RN-to-Bachelor of Science in Nursing program for licensed nurses seeking to advance their education.
Graduate applicants interested in our Doctor of Nursing Practice program are ready practice at the highest level of their education as doctorally-prepared nurse practitioners (NPs). Program tracks include:
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post-master's option for advance practice registered nurses (APRNs)
Professional applicants who are licensed, registered nurses and wish to focus on a specialty career may choose from two certification programs:
Our Office of Nursing Student Success will help you explore how our academic programs can best fit your scholarly plans and career goals.