Our learning community at Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden inspires students to explore, imagine, and disrupt nursing stereotypes – to understand the full scope of nursing practice and to pursue the unlimited opportunities they have to make a difference. Here, in the heart of southern New Jersey, we are dedicated to educating excellent nurses who become critical thinkers, life-long learners, and socially responsible citizens motivated to advance health care across homes, hospitals, and communities. As members of Rutgers University, our students enjoy all the benefits of a world-class academic experience in a tight-knit, friendly campus that offers individualized support at a competitive tuition rate.
We believe a person's zip code should not determine the quality of their health care, and in a free society, access to care —and decision-making regarding one’s care— are basic rights, not privileges. Social justice is the fundamental theme that informs our school's strategic direction and a core value that aligns with Rutgers University–Camden's commitment to civic engagement – connecting campus resources with people in the community, enriching students' lives, and encouraging them to become champions of well-being.
Come learn with us – our growth is extraordinary and our future is bright!
- Explore our fully accredited undergraduate, graduate, and professional academic programs.
- 100,000 square foot Nursing and Science Building opens Spring 2017.
- Curriculum focused on population health, interprofessional learning, and team care.
- High-fidelity clinical simulation embedded across all levels of nursing courses.
- Robust cohort of clinical partners emphasizes underserved communities.
- Bridging the Gap program offers opportunity to access a nursing education.
- Purple-Heart designated campus with pipeline programs for student veterans and paraprofessionals.
- Affordable study abroad courses incorporating service learning and scholarly exchange.
- Engaged civic learning across Camden, the region, and the around the world.
- Interdisciplinary Honors College and Leadership Institute.