Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) is the international honor society nurses and nursing students. STTI seeks to enhance world health and celebrate nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service. The organization has over 135,000 active members who reside in more than 85 countries. The Eta Mu Chapter of the STTI is affiliated with Rutgers School of Nursing–Camden and was chartered in 1984. It provides members with professional resources, opportunities to engage with other nursing leaders, and to develop leadership skills throughout the member's nursing career.
Join the Eta Mu Chapter of STTI
Consistent with STTI's mission, the Eta Mu Chapter inducts members across all levels of scholarship who demonstrate nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service. The annual inducation ceremony occurs in May of each year.
Please email Dr. Michael Clark (Eta Mu Chapter President, 2015-17), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate student criteria
- To be eligible a student must have completed at least one-half of their nursing curriculum.
- An eligible student must be in the top 35 percent of the class.
Graduate student criteria
- To be eligible a student must have completed at least one-quarter of their nursing curriculum.
- An eligible student must demonstrate achievement of excellence according to the standards set by the Society.
- If you meet the criteria listed above, a representative of the chapter will send your name to the Sigma Theta Tau International headquarters.
- You will be notified directly by the International headquarters if they decide to extend an invitation for you to join the Society. The invitations do not come directly from the Eta Mu Chapter.
- An induction ceremony typically takes place each year in May.
- There are membership and induction fees associated with joining the Society. This information will be provided if you should decide to accept the invitation to join the Society.
- If you do decide to accept the invitation to join we greatly appreciate your making every attempt to submit your fees as soon as possible. This expedites the process and makes it much more efficient for our volunteer staff.